PLEASE NOTE: Although SHF works hard to protect the privacy of your personal information, SHF cannot guarantee that your personal information will remain private. PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION TO SHF THROUGH this Web site IS VOLUNTARY AND, IF YOU DO SO, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. you can always choose not to provide SHF WITH YOUR PERSONAL information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of A SERVICE, SUCH AS THE BOARD REGISTRY.
Information SHF Collects
- SHF collects personal information when you register an account with SHF, when you use SHF’s services, such as the Board Registry, and when you visit SHF web pages.
- When you set up an account on the Web site SHF asks for personal information such as your name, address, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. Once you register with SHF and sign in to our services, you are no longer anonymous to us.
- SHF collects information about your transactions with us and services that we offer.
- SHF automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and the pages you request.
- SHF uses information gathered about you to fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, and conduct research.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- SHF restricts access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know such information to provide services to you. SHF maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- SHF does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with SHF under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help SHF communicate with you about offers from SHF and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of SHF’s User Agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the Web site free from bad actors, SHF will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
SHF uses “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain pages of the Web site to help analyze our web page flow, customize our services, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Web site.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the Web site that we do not control.
No Spam, Spyware, Phishing or Spoofing
You may not use SHF’s communication tools to send spam and spyware, or engage in phishing, spoofing, or other such nefarious activities that would violate SHF’s User Agreement. Any Web site user found to be participating in any such activities will have their account immediately terminated and will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
Your password is the key to your SHF Web site account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify SHF and change your password.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information
You can edit your SHF account information and preferences at any time. SHF reserves the right to send you certain communications relating to the Web site and SHF’s services, such as service announcements, administrative messages and SHF’s newsletter, that are considered part of your SHF account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
You can delete your SHF account by visiting our account deletion page. Please note that certain of your account information could remain in our archived records after your account has been deleted.